In this tutorial I will show you how to make a basic pillowcase for a pillow of 50*50 cm (20*20 inch). We will make an easy version without zipper or special decorations.
I used a cotton deco fabric with a cheerful elephant print. (Learn more about fabric)
The background color of the fabric is dark blue so I chose dark blue yarn.
Let’s get started
- Prewash and iron your fabric. (Why prewash your fabric?)
- Cut 3 pieces of fabric: 1 piece of 20 1/4 * 20 1/4 inch, this we will call the front piece, and two pieces of 15 * 20 1/4 inch , which we will call the back pieces.
- Fold over 1 inch on one long side of both back pieces. Iron it.
- Stitch the hems using a straight stitch.
- Place one of the back piece on the front piece, right sides together, and sew around the edges.
- Place the other back piece, right side down, on the back side of your work. Sew around the edges.
- Turn the pillowcase inside out.